From Design to Production
Design For Cost
Design For Constraint
Design For Manufacturing
Design For Test
FMEA approach for components, testability analysis, optimization of test coverage and planing of the means to be implemented.
Design For Assembly
Easy assembly and disassembly of the product, without risk of breakage and loss of time.
Design For Supply Chain
Analysis of the know-how necessary for the manufacturing process, concentration of tasks, removal of unnecessary transfers.
Design For Maintenance
Analysis and definition of diagnostic tools and quick troubleshooting. Optimizes the availability rate of products in their life cycle.
Design For Environment
Energy optimization, dismantling analysis, optimization of the product recyclability rate …
The process of industrialisation improves the product in a global approach “DFX” which involves the design office and the factory as soon as the needs are defined: On the factory side, the industrialisation engineer (product study) and the methods engineer (factory) must work together on the manufacturing constraints especially on the cost, time to market, efficiency and reliability aspects. On the design side, the industrialisation engineer works with the product designer and the other DFX partners to identify and apply the best solutions to meet the challenges of the specifications and the next production. The methods will easily adapt the tools of the factory to manufacture the industrialized product.
- Technical and economic feasibility study of the project (state of the art, risk analysis …),
- Specifications to define technical and functional specifications,
- Selection and qualification of service providers / partners for each skill requirement (mechanics, plastics, assembly, testing, etc.).
- Addition of design guidelines according to each “X” constraint of the DFX approach: IPC rules, norms, cost, testability, reliability, maintainability, etc …,
- Validation of technologies and techniques selected for the realization of the product (components, assembly …),
- Realization of a model to simulate a part of the electronic, mechanical and software applciations,
- Technical evaluation from the model (measurements, functions, tests, EMC …).
- Selection of suppliers and management of components (supply, storage, obsolescence …),
- Realization of hardware and software testing tools to ensure the best test coverage,
- Realization of industrial prototypes integrating the electronic, software and mechanical functions of the final product, with production tools,
- CE marking in relation with the notified bodies for carrying out conformity tests,
- Realization of a representative pre-series to prepare the mass production of the product.
- Quality management system according to the requirements of ISO 9001,
- Implementation of tools for quality management (SCP, FMEA ..),
- Continuous process improvement to reduce delays and reduce costs,
- Definition and organization of preventive and corrective maintenance.